GAA Coordinator Vacancy - Glasgow Athletics Association.
An opportunity has arisen to work with the GAA as a Coordinator.
Applicants should send a CV and a brief statement of no more than 250 words addressing the tasks associated with the position.
Description of Tasks.
- Working with the Members of the Executive Committee in the work of the GAA in developing the sport of athletics in Glasgow.
- Organising, delivering and reviewing GAA Competition Opportunitiesincluding the Glasgow Winter series; Miler Meets and Sprint Gala’s.
- Maintaining the GAA Website Content and presence on Social Media
- Working with members of the Executive Committee in work associated with the Glasgow Athletics Squad, Team Glasgow for YDL and Glasgow City AC for the BAL.
- Minute taking at GAA Meetings. There are about six Meetings of the Association EC annually. All meetings are held between 18.00 and 19.30/20.00 Booking venues for meetings, seminars, etc.
- Working with the Members of the Executive Committee in maintaining financial record of the work of the GAA.
Hours per week – up to 15, with some evening work required. Flexible working arrangements to suit the successful candidate.
Hourly Rate - £11. The contract will be a self-employed contract.
The following skills will be desirable.
Computer Literate with Windows and Excel, GAA Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other formats of social media.
The successful candidate will be working closely with people from many parts of the Sport of Athletics, including Scottish Athletics Limited and Glasgow Sport, where they will be representing the GAA and it is expected will show evidence of highly advanced, person related skills.
Applications should be delivered to