GLASGOW ATHLETICS ASSOCIATION
Code of Conduct for Athletes
As a responsible athlete you will:
- Conduct yourself at all times when competing or as a member of the Team in a correct and proper manner that does not bring Team Glasgow or the City of Glasgow or Athletics into disrepute
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every athlete, coach, technical official and others involved in athletics and treat everyone equally.
- Cooperate fully with others involved in the sport such as team managers, technical officials,, sport masseur, coaches and representatives of Team Glasgow in the best interests of the yourself and other athletes
- Anticipate and be responsible for your own needs including being organised, having the appropriate equipment and being on time
- Be in your own room by time given at Team meeting
- Always thank the officials who enable you to participate in athletics
- Project a favourable and positive image of the sport by adopting high standards of behaviour and appropriate dress when travelling with the Team.
- Act as an ambassador for Scotland and Athletics in Scotland at all times
As a responsible Athlete, when participating in or attending any Team Glasgow events you will:
- Act with dignity and display courtesy and good manners towards others
- Avoid swearing and abusive language and irresponsible behaviour including behaviour that is dangerous to yourself or others, acts of violence, bullying, harassment and physical and sexual abuse
- Challenge inappropriate behaviour and language by others
- Never engage in any inappropriate or illegal behaviour
- Avoid destructive behaviour and leave hotels/athletics venues as you find them
- Not carry or consume alcohol and/or illegal substances.( automatic suspension)
- Avoid carrying any items that could be dangerous to yourself or others excluding athletics equipment used in the course of your athletics activity
In addition, athletes, should follow these guidelines on safe participation in athletics
- Notify a responsible adult if you have to go somewhere (why, where and when you will return)
- Strictly maintain boundaries between friendship and intimacy with a coach or technical official
- Use safe transport or travel arrangements
- Report any accidental injury, distress, misunderstanding or misinterpretation to Team Glasgow Welfare officer as soon as possible.
- Report any suspected misconduct by coaches or other people involved in athletics to the club welfare officer as soon as possible
Please tick Google document you have read in submission form.